If you are considering abortion as an option, please see this resource for questions to consider.
- What are the kinds of In-Clinic Abortion?
- The most common is called aspiration, also known as vacuum aspiration, and is usually used up to 16 weeks after a person’s last period.
- Dilation and Evacuation (D&E) is usually performed later than 16 weeks after your last period.
- What happens during an In-Clinic Abortion? How Safe Are In-Clinic Abortion Procedures? What Can I expect After an In-Clinic Abortion?
- How Much Does It Cost? Please see the link to the Davison Health Center’s Referrals for Abortion Services below.
Medication Abortion and the Abortion Pill
- Refers to two medicines used to end a pregnancy – mifepristone and misoprostol. In general, it’s used up to 70 days or 10 weeks after the first day of a person’s last period. (People who need an abortion and are more than 10 weeks pregnant can have an in-clinic abortion).
- What Happens During a Medication Abortion? How Safe is a Medication Abortion? Why Do People Choose it? What Can I Expect After?
- Please see Planned Parenthood: The Abortion Pill.
- How Much Does It Cost?
- Nationwide, it can cost up to $800, but it is often less. Check with your healthcare provider.
Where Can I get an In-Clinic and/or a Medication Abortion?
- For Wesleyan Students:
- Please see Davison Health Center’s Referrals for Abortion Services, which includes community providers and nearby clinics as well as costs, phone numbers.
Where can I get support?
- All-Options' toll-free talkline provides confidential and judgment-free support to callers at any point before, during or after an experience with pregnancy, parenting, abortion, or adoption. Their number is: 1-888-493-0092. Find more information here.
- Exhale Pro Voice’s after-abortion hotline: 1866-4-EXHALE. Find more information here.
- Connect and Breathe’s after-abortion non-judgemental talkline: 1-866-647-1764. Open Tues., Wed., Thurs. 6 – 9 pm and Sat. 10 am – 2 pm EST. Find more information here.
- For Wesleyan Students:
- If you are interested in connecting with a doula for support before, during, or after the procedure, please email us. Our doulas are trained to provide confidential care.
- If you are having an abortion, request a Support Kit from us. These kits include maxi pads, hot packs, ginger ale, crackers, and a note from a doula. We also take requests for any candy or treats, if possible.
*All prices are subject to change.